Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Anyone seen Spring?

Hello to all our friends, both near and far! If you're near, I have to ask...has anyone seen Spring?! This has been the longest winter of my life! I always thought Idaho was cold, but this is getting a little out of hand. When the snow started falling during General Conference back in October, I thought, "How nice! The snow is starting early so surely it will end early, too!" If you don't live in Idaho, let me tell you, that has NOT been the case. Here it is, April 1st, and we're still experiencing 30 degree weather. It snowed Sunday and Monday. Luckily there was no snow fall today. I keep telling Robert that if it snows one more time, I'm outa here. But I have yet to follow through with my threat so I think I'm losing credibility. Oh well...

I'm just ready for flip flops and short sleeved shirts! Bring on the boiling temperatures! I want to turn my ceiling fan on and sip lemonade by the sand box. I'M READY! What's funny is I say all this now and talk a big game, but as soon as July hits with its super hot weather, you know my story will change. Plus, by that time I'll be eight months pregnant with swollen hands and feet praying for snow to fall even earlier.

However, until that day arrives...bring on the HEAT!

6 comments:

. said...

I am so with you on this one Rachel. Where in the world is spring? Emma and I really need it. Until then, Emma makes me stand in the frozen Idaho outside till I can't handle it anymore and have to drag her in.
-brooke

Rebecca said...

i miss spring!!

Kmelanese said...

I was asking the same question. The girls are going crazy locked in the house. And so am I. Where's spring???

Abby said...

Girl!! Im sooooooo with you!! All I can do is sit inside and stare longingly at the outside..... don't blink bc it might just start snowing again. The first year I lived in Idaho it seemed to change after the weekend of Conference. CROSS YOUR FINGERS!

Abby said...

We would love to go to the zoo. Aud and I are planning on going very often this summer. We will let you know when! Great idea! How are you feeling?

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

I like your music playing in the background. Is that hard to do?
Mel