Monday, April 14, 2008

A Real Mom

Today has been one of those days. Let's see, the day started at about 7:00am, when Spencer woke up. He's had a cough lately, so rather than let him play in his room by himself, I got up and let him out of his room. Poor little guy! His nose was super runny and I could tell he just didn't feel good. He was supposed to have surgery tomorrow, but I thought I better take him in to see the doctor to make sure we were good to go.

Before all this, Spencer and I had to take Jacque, our dog, to the vet to get his stitches taken out and to get a rabies shot. Can you just picture me dragging a dog and a 1 1/2 year old into the vet's office? It was a little crazy to say the least! Then Spencer got all worried when I had to help the vet hold Jacque down so he could remove the stitches, so he started to cry. After the vet counselled me about obedience training for the dog, we headed back for the car and were on our way.

So we quickly dropped off the dog and headed to Dr. Baker's office. Spencer was acting fine and dandy until they tried to take his temperature. He FREAKED out! Turns out the little guy has an ear infection and a little bit of a respiratory infection. Poor Spencey! We left the Dr's office with a prescription and a well earned lollipop. This whole time, Robert was at cannery to fill an assignment he volunteered for months ago. So this journey was a solo one. Needless to say, I dropped Spencer off with his dad (at home by this point) and left for Walmart to fill his prescription.

It's days like these that make me feel like a real mom. I guess I always thought that when I was mom I'd be busy running to and fro, but I've learned that isn't always the case. We'll see how much that changes in August with our new addition. Hope everyone has a GREAT Monday!

3 comments:

Hillman Family said...

What a day, and it isn't even over yet! I hope you guys have a better afternoon. Spencer sure is a little trooper. Does he still have his surgery tomorrow? Good luck today and tomorrow. Please call if I can help with anything.
~Dayna

Audrey and Geoffery said...

I love it! It sounds like one of our crazy days that happens every once in a while. Doesn't having a toddler make a simple day soooo much more demanding?! And I don't know how you did that prego? I'm really not looking forward to that stage, but I know we have to have more than one kid! Hope you guys are doing well!

Sebreros Family said...

awww! i hope he feels better :)