Thursday, June 12, 2008

Life

Not too much to report here at the Sullivan house. I'm still pregnant. Spencer's still crazy. And Robert's still busy busy busy.

Pregnancy wise, things are going great. I'm still not miserable which is awesome. My big ol' belly isn't causing me too much pain. The heart burn, I could definitely live without, but what's new?! I eat my fair share of tums everyday. At this point, they don't even bother me to eat! The chalkier the better! Gross...I know. Our next doctor's appointment is next Wednesday, the 18th. I'm hoping they do another ultrasound to make sure the placenta is out of the way so I don't have to have a C-section. But all in all I'm feeling great and can't really complain!

Robert is super busy these days. He's still going to school full time and is working full time as well. School gets over July 17th or so which is coming quickly. Hooray!!! School always seems to start to get to him about mid way through the semester. Poor guy! I am SO grateful for him and how hard he works. Luckily, he's an awesome student and doesn't have to try that hard to get exceptional grades. He thinks it stinks to be good at school, but I say it's a HUGE blessing! I am one lucky lady to have such an amazing husband! I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us! We just found out that he has a mission reunion on the 28th so we'll be heading down to Provo for that. Robert is super excited to see his old mission companions.

And then there's Spencer...crazy Spencer...He's doing just dandy! He's been changing so much lately. Some of the fun things he's been doing include: putting words together to make 2 and 3 word sentences like "mommy candy" or "daddy come" stuff like that; we've been talking to him about "sissy" and every time we do he holds out his arms to hold her. It's really sweet. He can tell you what he wants to do like eat or ride his bike or watch Curious George. He knows a ton of animal noises. He loves seeing airplanes in the sky and watching them in videos on our computer. He LOVES to color and it very precise when he does...it's pretty funny. His favorite color is blue, at least that's the only color he can really say. He loves his daddy and follows him around whenever he's at home. He loves to help feed Jacque, our dog, or sweep. He's afraid of the vacuum cleaning and growls every time we talk about it. He loves to play the piano and his favorite song for me to play is "Do As I'm Doing." He'll roll his arms and go slow at the "if I do it fast or slow" part then goes really really really fast. He loves taking baths as long as bubbles are involved. Spencer is just growing up so fast. I can hardly believe he's going to be 2 soon! We love our little boy and everything he teaches us like patience, for example. Here are a couple of pictures of what I found him doing the other day:



If you can't tell, he's sitting in this cut out shelf in our living room. He climbed up there all by himself and decided it would be a great place to play with his train. He is definitely his father's son. When Robert was little, his mom found him on top of the refrigerator! Boy am I glad this was just the shelf and not the fridge!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Hey, if you ever get tired of tums, try eating popcorn! When I was pregnant with Miriam I ate popcorn (usually plain or with just a touch of butter and salt) before bed and I never had trouble with heartburn at night. I swear the popcorn soaked up all that stomach acid or something! Besides, I got a kidney stone after my first baby and I'm pretty sure it was from all the tums I downed because they have lots of extra calcium. No fun!
Your little boy is so cute, and so adventurous! I hope your pregnancy continues to go well.

Kmelanese said...

My next appointment is on the 18th too! I hope your plecenta has moved. A C section definatelty would not be fun. Spencer cracks me up! I can't believe he climbed up on that shelf. That's when I am glad I have girls, no climbing, just screaming....