Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Good News

We had another doctor's appointment today. Good news: I don't need a c-section! The placenta has moved out of the way just like the doctor said it would. I kinda figured it would, but I told him I was concerned so we could sneak another peek at our little girl. : ) It worked! No pictures this go round, but it was awesome to see how big she's getting. Speaking of growing, our LITTLE girl is almost 5 lbs already! The doctor took measurements during the ultrasound and she was something like 4.6 lbs. CRAZY! It didn't really hit me as to how big that is until I realized that lots of people have 6 lb babies....FULL TERM! I'm only 32 weeks for Pete's sake! I shouldn't really complain. I would much rather have a big healthy baby than an itty bitty one. Plus, I'm afraid she takes after her momma...I was 9lbs 6 oz....I think. But all is well here at the Sullivan's. We're gearing up for the newest member of our family to arrive. Anyone thought of any names for our baby yet?? We could REALLY use the help!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Hmmm...I think I'd still rather have an itty bitty baby! Miriam was 9 lbs. and I tore so bad my midwife had to call another midwife to come and fix me and I couldn't sit for 2 months. It was NOT pleasant. Of course, you might be able to have a big baby easily! I'm glad you don't have to have a C-section.
Did you check out the social security index for names? You want to know a name I think is cute but Ben will never let me use? Jemima. It's the name of the little girl on that old Disney movie- "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang." I like it, but Ben says it's the name of the black lady on the syrup bottle, so it's a no go. ( :

josh and karah said...

I was 9 lbs. 8 oz. sweet huh? Names are what you need huh? what about something that rhymes with Sullivan. Gullivan Sullivan.

Two of my favorite names are Lucy and Paige. You can't hate me if you choose them and i use those later though. :)

Sebreros Family said...

it was awesome to see you and Spencer today! you should come up more often. or at least we should just hang out. :) i am so excited for you guys. i like the name Pheobe :) you can call her Pheebs LoL

. said...

wow, you're almost there. i am 13.5 weeks (yes i am going to the half weeks because somehow that makes me think that i will be done with the nausea part sooner. that doesn't make any sense. good luck with the name picking. we are due on dec 25th so derek has "chosen" some clever names like holly noel and chris for our future child (j/k!)