Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Time for an Update

So here we are, a week after Spencer's surgery and things are almost back to normal. We had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Tall, the urologist, on Monday. I thought he would just look things over and tell us that everything was healing right. Instead, he took the tube out! I thought it had to stay in for at least 10 days, but I guess I was wrong. So of course I'm at the Dr. by myself because Robert had school and work, and the Dr. tells me that he needs me to help the nurse hold Spencer down so they can remove the tube. Let me tell ya, I'm not a needle person and I'm now not a tube person. I just happened to look down right as he was pulling the tube out. YIKES! My stomach did a little flip, but I pushed through it like a Super Mom. He gave us the okay for Spencer to start playing as normal, but he still shouldn't soak and play in the tub like he used to yet.

But we survived! This time last week, things looked rather grim. I didn't know if we were going to make it. But low and behold, we did it! He still has some stitches, but the doc said they would come out on their own in time. We don't have to go back to see the doctor until June 5th. Thanks to everyone who offered prayers and support. We couldn't have gotten through this without you!

Life is getting back to "normal" which is nice! Robert started school a couple weeks ago and is still working full time so we don't get to see him that much. But I'm afraid that it's just one of those things in life that you don't like but just have to deal with. Everything is going well with the pregnancy. The next appointment, I get to do the yummy glucose test. Yuck! But that just means we're getting closer to the end!!! Hope every one's doing awesome! Until next time!

1 comments:

Holly said...

I'm glad you little boy is doing well and that your pregnancy is going well also! I admire anyone who makes it through all the years of having kids and finishing school and working, etc. I wimped out of all that and married a guy with a PHD already! I've had it sooo easy, but like I say, I really admire those who pull through those hard years.