Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

What a Mother's Day! Or should I say a Mother's weekend! It was lovely! It all started Thursday when Robert came home early from work. We decided to beat the Mother's day rush and go out that night for Mother's day. We dropped Spencer off at Rob's parent's house and off we went. We ate at the Blue Hashi, a yummy sushi place in Idaho Falls. It was delicious! We love sushi! If you've never tried it, you may be surprised. It's not all raw fish on a plate. One of the rolls we got was a surf and terf so it had cooked steak in it. The roll I chose was a crunch roll. It had tempura shrimp and crab in it and then it was tempura fried. YUM! Can you tell I'm pregnant??? : ) After dinner he gave me my gift, An Inconvenient Book by Glenn Beck. I was so excited! I've been wanting to read this book since I saw it and have been on the waiting list, yes the waiting list, at the library since like January! So now I have my own copy! If you've never read it or heard of Glenn Beck, go and get it. It's awesome.

Saturday, Robert helped our friends put up new siding on their house. Spencer and I stopped by but there were just too many sharp things that little boys could get into so we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa. I went and put Spencer down for a nap at home and Rob came home, too. Then I got to go to the movies! I went with Erin and Jillian, some friends we know through Melaleuca. It was so fun to get out of the house and have some girl time. We saw Made of Honor, which was cute but pretty predictable. It was just fun to be out with the gals! Then we went back over to Erin's and grilled out some steaks. It was so fun! I love hanging out with our friends! So Saturday was a great day!

Then Sunday was awesome as well! Robert didn't have meetings so we could all go to church together. And he let me sleep in a little while he took care of Spencer. What a fabulous gift! Church went well and Primary was good. I got to help in the nursery which is always fun. The ward gave all the moms tulips which were beautiful! We all got to come home together which was nice since Robert usually has to stay after church to help the bishop. We all laid down before going over the Robert's parents for dinner. We had yummy chicken parmesan! In the middle of dinner, I got a call from home and had the chance to talk to Will!!! He sounds awesome! Everything is going well in California and he's staying nice and busy. I'm so excited to see him in August! Then next time I talk to him, it will be in person!

So Mother's Day was great! I am so grateful for my husband who loves me and takes such great care of our family. Robert is a wonderful husband and father. I love Spencer and am so glad that I get to be his mommy. And I can't wait to meet our little girl in August! Being a mom has its hard times, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

3 comments:

Alisha M said...

Rachie! I'm glad you found me! I will be lurking on your blog all the time! I'm excited for your cute family to gain another!

Alisha

Hillman Family said...

Glad you had a good mother's day. The things the kids made in Primary were cute. I loved the chocolate-- you knew just what this mom wanted!

josh and karah said...

I really like you guys.