Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Doctor's Appointment

Sorry it's been a while since I've updated our blog, but I thought I would wait until I went to the Dr. I have to say, I really wasn't looking forward to this one because this blessed day was the "fun" appointment where they do blood work (yuck), breast exam (double yuck) and a pap smear (YUCK!). I lovingly refer to this appointment as the Triple Threat. So anyway, Robert would normally go to the Doc with me, except he had a meeting that morning. So I went it alone. Everything went just fine. I got to meet my Dr. for the first time. He was in surgery when I went before. I have to take a minute to make a plug for this doctor. So any ladies in the Idaho Falls or surrounding area, listen up! His name is Dr. Leavitt and he's AWESOME! He was so nice and made me feel really comfortable. He's really lax when it comes to ultrasounds which is awesome. I love seeing the baby! He lets you get your epideral as soon as you want it, a wonderful thing when you're in pain. He was just really nice and had a really positive attitude so I would recommend him to anyone! So if you're looking for a new OBGYN, check out Leavit Women's Health Care. It's awesome!

Well, back to the appointment. After everything was over, he asked me if they looked at the baby last time. I told him, " yes, but if you wanted to take a peek at the baby, I wouldn't object." He thought that was a great idea, so in we went! Everything looked great and right on schedule. He even looked to see if he could tell what the sex of the baby was....and he guessed that it's a GIRL!!! I was SO excited, but like the Dr. said, little boys can sneak up on you so we won't find out for sure until March 13th. So everyone reading this blog, send out the girly vibes!

4 comments:

Abby said...

THAT'S MY DR!!! I LOVE him! He did a wonderful job and I truly LOVED him!!! He kind of lets you do your thing with the pregnancy, labor and delivery.... very sure not to overstep his boundaries. He will give you his opinion on what you want to do but allows you to be in charge of yourself. Like I said, I LOVE HIM!!!! Im glad that you are going to him!

Hillary said...

Girly, girly girly . . . girly girly girly . . . girrrrrrrrrrrllllllllyyyyyyyy! That good?

josh and karah said...

So this is going to sound dumb, but... you are pregnant? YAY

Abby said...

EIRMC. B/c they have a NICU. I liked having it right there just in case. I loved the nurses and we had a wonderful experience. If you need the NICU then you have to change Hospitals if you go to Mtn View. Aud had Grant at EIRMC and had just as good experience.