Friday, January 9, 2009

Merry Christmas!

HO HO HO! Merry Christmas! This post is only kinda late...ok it's really late, but what's a gal to do?! Christmas at the Sullivan home was wonderful! We had such a fun day with our family! Robert and I had a blast putting out all the presents...I mean...helping Santa put out all the gifts for each other and the kiddos. : ) It was so fun to get everything set up just right.

Spencer was one spoiled boy this year. I now understand why parents go broke this time of year. It's so easy to go overboard! I felt like everywhere I went I saw something that would make me think something along the lines of, "Oh wow, Spencer would LOVE that!" or " He really needs that." It was CRAZY! I finally had to make a list of the things I knew he was getting so I could see that he had plenty. It was so much fun, though. He got all kinds of cool toys from his grandparents, too, like an awesome train table and rad lawn mower. What a lucky boy! Maddie had a great Christmas, too! She got all kinds of cute toys, books, shoes, and pjs!
I went a little crazy on Robert, too. I kinda bought him Guitar Hero. I couldn't help it! I just love buying things for other people! He was SO surprised! I loved it!!! I kinda ruined the surprise of my gift. I accidentally found out that he got me the coat that I wanted. I was SO excited to open it Christmas day! We opened gifts at our house Christmas morning, then went to Robert's parents house to open gifts and spend time with family. Later that evening, we had a delicious dinner at Katie and Ryan's house. All in all, it was a GREAT Christmas!

Spencer got a new coat and snow pants so of course he had to try them out! The picture above is Spencer trying to make a snow angel. Pretty funny! He also got a new snow shovel so he HAD to help dad shovel the drive way. Such a great helper!

2 comments:

JHarris said...

I don't know if Robert told you but when I was playing with Spencer and his train set I crashed the trains and he told me "that's why girls don't play with trains." it made me laugh so hard because he sounded exactly like Robert!

Lara Zierke said...

How smart to get your kid a shovel - then it makes helping with the snow fun! Looks like you had a great Christmas. It is so much fun to buy gifts for others - like you said, it's so easy to go overboard.