Wednesday, October 8, 2008


Last night, Robert, Will, and I went to the Weezer concert in Salt Lake City. IT WAS AMAZING!!! They opened with "My Name is Jonas" and "Say it Ain't So," two classic Weezer songs. When they started to play, the crowd went wild. It was insane. Did I mention where our seats were? We didn't have seats....because we were on the floor right by the stage!!! Sadly, we had a bunch of idiots beside us who insisted on moshing...but Will and Robert took care of them. As the concert went on, we heard more great Weezer songs: Pink Triangle, El Scorcho, Island in the Sun, Beverly Hills, The King, Pork and Beans, The Greatest Man that Ever Lived, Perfect Situation, The Sweater Song (accompanied by Tom-lead singer of Angels and Airwaves), Keep Fishin, and Buddy Holly, just to name a few. Originally, Andrew and Will were both going to come, but due to a last minute humanities assignment, poor AC wasn't able to go. We sure missed him. I know he would have had a BLAST! Will didn't even have a ticket when we got there. He was able to buy a general admission floor ticket off some guy in the parking lot. It was a miracle that he found one.



Angels and Airwaves opened for Weezer. They were pretty rad, too. Except, now I think I know why Blink 182 broke up. It was probably because Tom wanted to do some weird stuff in their show...like dance around with flashlights in his hands. It was still a pretty great show.



We had SO much fun! We didn't get home until almost 3 o'clock in the morning...but it was TOTALLY worth it! Here are some pictures before the concert:



If for some reason you're not familiar with Weezer, here is a link to watch their new Pork and Beans video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muP9eH2p2PI . I guarantee that once you watch one Weezer video you won't be able to stop. They're AWESOME!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun! Good job leaving the kids to have a night of fun. It's refreshing to do that once in a while. You two are a great pair! It was good to finally see Madelyn, she is a babe! Hope to get together soon with you guys!

Unknown said...

So I guess I am logged in under Kevin's account....this is Steph :)

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

You are so HIP! The only song I know by Weezer is Island in the Sun, and I only know they ing it because you listed it in your blog. I like it though:-)

JHarris said...

JEALOUS MUCH!!! And that was right in my backyard... LUCKY